Monday, August 20, 2007
It's A Celebration, Bitches...Hopefully
Your boy is 22 years old today. Leos stand up!
It's been an interesting 12 months since I turned 21 last August. Peyton Manning won his first Super Bowl. Florida won back-to-back college basketball championships after winning the national title in football. Barry Bonds broke the home run record. Michael Vick saw his 2007 season (and possibly his career) go from potentially great to non-existent in the span of 3 months.
I got a new girlfriend, a new car, moved back into an old house, and welcomed back old friends. And I drank a lot of alcohol this year. A lot.
I look forward to an even greater 22nd year on this earth with my family, friends, and the readers and commenters of I Ball For Real. I appreciate all of ya'll.
But being that I'm the birthday boy, I have some wishes. Let's pray all of these come to fruition. I wish:
-That the Houston Rockets win the 2008 NBA Championship.
- If the Rockets don't win it, that the Denver Nuggets win the title. (For Iverson's sake.)
- That the Houston Texans at least become respectable.
- That the New York Yankees win the 2007 World Series.
- That Alex Rodriguez makes the world kiss his ass.
- That the iPhone comes to T-Mobile.
- That Steve Francis turns into Steve Nash (you know, with better defense)
- That the New England Patriots don't win the Super Bowl.
- That Baron Davis stays healthy all year.
- That the world gets to witness Chris Paul in the playoffs.
- That Kevin Durant tears the league apart.
- That Vince Young actually gets NFL receivers.
- That Michael Vick's career really isn't over.
- That athletes stop acting like idiots.
- That the NBA and college hoops seasons hurry up and get here.
- That the NBA and college hoops seasons are actually good.
- That the North Carolina Tar Heels win their second hoops title in three years.
- That dances in hip-hop go far away and die.
- That Graduation outsells Curtis on September 11.
- That I graduate before I turn 23.
- Speaking of 23, that if the Rockets or Nuggets don't win it all, I wish Lebron and the Cavs win the championship.
- That I can make a lot of money not doing any actual work.
- That Minorities stop killing each other.
- That Season 2 of the Boondocks is as good or better than the first season.
- That hip-hop becomes great again.
- And of course, that I Ball For Real becomes one of the best sports sites in the world.